The following are suggested readings that have shaped how I think about worship, faith, and the Bible. Their influence is present in my writings:
- Dawn, Marva J. Reaching Out Without Dumbing Down: A Theology of Worship for the Turn-of-the-Century Culture. Grand Rapids, MI: W.B. Eerdmans, 1995.
- Bartholomew, Craig G., and Michael W. Goheen. The Drama of Scripture: Finding Our Place in the Biblical Story. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2004.
- Ross, Allen P. Recalling the Hope of Glory: Biblical Worship from the Garden to the New Creation. Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel Publications, 2006.
- Smith, James K. A. You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit. Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos Press, 2016.
- Webber, Robert E. Ancient-Future Time: Forming Spirituality Through the Christian Year. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 2004.